Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Protection Policy
SAL Heavy Lift’s goal is to create a working environment such that we cause no harm through injury or illness to people, and where we minimize our impact on the environment.
SAL is committed to the prevention of all incidents, injuries, occupational illnesses to our employees, contractors and members of the public. SAL is equally committed to the protection of the environment.
To fulfil our commitments, we will:
- Have a systematic approach to HSSE management, designed to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and to achieve continuous performance improvement with the pursuit of the goal of zero harm to people
- Promote a culture in which all employees share our commitment where our leaders, managers, officers and crew actively demonstrate their commitment to HSSE
- Ensure all levels of management, supervision and employees, are accountable for HSSE performance
- Comply with, and maintain OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, ISPS, MLC and ISM certifications as applicable
- Identify operational hazards and environmental aspects to manage HSSE risks to a level that ensures safety of people, protection of the environment and integrity of our operation
- Ensure that the SAL Safety Values are implemented throughout the organisation and all visitors and sub-contractors are made aware and comply with these. These values empower all employees and contractors to stop any work that is considered unsafe or not in line with HSSE policy, values and procedures
- Mitigate all HSSE deficiencies and non-conformances identified through audits, inspections and incident investigations
- Continually improve HSSE performance by promoting a positive HSSE culture that recognizes individual contributions
- Apply policies and guidelines for HSSE through our management system
- Require contractors and visitors under our operational control to manage HSSE in accordance with this policy
All managers are responsible for ensuring that this policy is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained throughout the organization.
Copies of this policy are displayed at all SAL locations and available to all interested parties.
The SAL Management System will be audited, reviewed annually and revised, taking into consideration changes in legislation or company requirements.
Management System Certification ISM, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 (DNV GL)
Environmental Passport (DNV GL)