QHSE Policy SAL Heavy Lift
SAL Heavy Lift GmbH & Co. KG aspires to be the preferred carrier in the heavy lift shipping industry by providing our clients with an excellent quality service in every aspect of our operations, creating a safe working environment for people and minimizing our impact on the environment.
SAL is committed to the prevention of all incidents, injuries, occupational illnesses to all our interested parties. SAL is equally committed to the protection of the environment and to adopt a safe and efficient operating process in managing our business.
Our management team has a continuing commitment to:
- Comply with all applicable and current laws, regulations, customer requirements and any other requirements relating to our QHSE aspects and impacts;
- Communicate throughout the organization the importance of meeting needs and expectations of all interested parties;
- Maintain an overall Integrated Management System, in which processes are aligned and objectives interlinked to include all synergy effects, and to secure and foster the culture of continuous process improvement.
To fulfil our commitments, we will:
- Maintain a management system structure to comply with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 and continually improve our Quality, Safety and Environmental Management system as a part of SAL’s Integrated Management System approach;
- Ensure that SAL processes are mapped, quality risks, operational hazards and environmental aspects are identified, and controls are set to ensure integrity of our operations, safety of people and protection of the environment;
- Establish responsibilities, targets, monitoring methods and a review process to ensure all levels of management and employees are accountable for SAL’s QHSE performance;
- Mitigate and possibly eliminate all QHSE deficiencies and nonconformities identified through audits, inspections, incident investigations and lessons learned;
- Identify operational hazards to manage QHSE related risks and opportunities to a level that ensures safety of people, protection of the environment and integrity of our operation;
- Consult with employees on issues relating to occupational health and safety;
- Make this policy available to all interested parties;
- Require contractors and visitors under our operational control to comply with this QHSE Policy.
All managers are responsible for ensuring that this policy is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained throughout the organization.
Copies of this policy are displayed at all SAL locations and the SAL website.
The SAL Heavy Lift Management System will be audited, reviewed annually and revised, taking into consideration changes in legislation or company requirements.
Dr. Martin Harren
QHSE Policy – SAL Heavy Lift
Management System Certification ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 (DNV)
Environmental Passport Design (DNV)